Does it feel like you, your partner and your children are disconnected? Is your family suffering as a result?
Are you worried that your family life is not what you hoped it would be? Does each person in the family spend time isolated in their own space, absorbed with media or other things besides each other? Perhaps you are caught in cycles of conflict that you all cannot seem to escape. Maybe you know longer do much of anything together, such as having dinner with all family members present. It can be stressful to come home everyday and feel like you are alienated from the ones you love, or feel like you are walking on egg-shells to avoid another conflict. No matter how hard you try, you and your partner and children can’t seem to understand one another. Many people start to feel alone in their own families after a period of time of has gone by where connecting to one another has been difficult.
Are you finding it hard to hold the family together during this difficult time?
Things happen unexpectedly in life. Whether it be a job loss, infidelity, relocating, health issues, money, or the stress of school and work, it is not easy to keep those issues from trickling over and affecting the whole family. No matter how hard you try to hold it together it feels like you are on your own. Or maybe these issues have started to affect the children and you want to make sure you are handling it in the best way possible. Family counseling is available to help you work through the challenges of life while building your family relationships.
Has life’s challenges driven a wedge between your family members?
Perhaps your temper has gotten out of control lately. Or perhaps your spouse told you that you need to get this under control and you are scaring the children? Are you at a loss on how to discipline your kids without feeling out of control? Family counseling can help you learn parenting skills, how to communicate with your child. Also, a specialized counselor can help you learn healthy ways to cope with anger so you can express your feelings in a way bring you closer to your spouse and family.
We Can Help!
Our experienced family therapists can help you gain the skills you need to develop healthy supportive relationships with your partner and kids. Our therapists have years of experience offering family counseling so you can achieve balance, healthy relationships, and peace in the household. Through our work together you may even begin to look forward to spending time together and embrace each others unique qualities that make your family special.
Reasons why others have chosen counseling:
- Feeling down, depressed, or hopeless
- Having anxiety that is getting in the way of work, school, or social life
- Difficulty managing substance use
- Individuals wanting to improve significant relationships
- Couples wanting to reconnect and reduce conflict
- Coping with the thoughts and feelings associated with grief or loss
- Managing the emotional stress of being a caregiver
- Managing the complex feelings of having a chronic illness
- Coping with the lingering effects that a trauma has had on your life
- Managing life after a divorce
- Coping with a change that has left an impact on your life
- Having mood swings or behaviors that have interfered with success at work, school, or in significant relationships