Are you feeling lost, drained, and overwhelmed by your toddlers behavior? Have you tried everything to get your kid to listen but their defiance has left you feeling hopeless?
Does your kid or teens disruptive behavior make it impossible to enjoy time together? You are not alone. Whether you are a new parent, are preparing for parenthood, or have a few years experience, parenting is tough. We offer parenting support counseling for all types of parents. Life can present obstacles that make parenthood even more difficult. You might feel like you don’t have enough support to succeed whether from a partner, extended family, or community. Your upbringing with your own parents may be one you don’t want to repeat but feel lost as to how to be the parent you hoped you would be. You want the best for your child but how do you implement a loving, accepting, and patient house when you are constantly feeling overwhelmed and unprepared? Counseling for parents can help provide relief!
Parents who work with an experienced counselor often feel a sense of understanding and relief. You will feel supported and be given practical strategies to start using right away. Many start to understand their child’s behavior better and feel empowered to correct undesirable behaviors. Our counselors can help you facilitate the type of relationship you hope to have with your child and bring peace and fun again back to your home.
Is your family going through a transition like a new baby, divorce or separation, or move?
Parenting support in our Ann Arbor offices can provide you with the tools you need to feel confident in navigating the new life situations you are experiencing. Is the stress of change wearing on you? Are you feeling unprepared and unsupported? Are you worried how your kids are going to take the news or handle the adjustments in their life? Counseling can help you and your partner get on same page, come up with a plan to move forward more smoothly, identify support systems, and develop coping tools to get through the stress. Our experienced counselors work with children, families, and parents through life and behavioral challenges. You can find the full range of support when you call us for an appointment.
Reasons why others have chosen counseling:
- Feeling down, depressed, or hopeless
- Having anxiety that is getting in the way of work, school, or social life
- Difficulty managing substance use
- Individuals wanting to improve significant relationships
- Couples wanting to reconnect and reduce conflict
- Coping with the thoughts and feelings associated with grief or loss
- Managing the emotional stress of being a caregiver
- Managing the complex feelings of having a chronic illness
- Coping with the lingering effects that a trauma has had on your life
- Managing life after a divorce
- Coping with a change that has left an impact on your life
- Having mood swings or behaviors that have interfered with success at work, school, or in significant relationships